The majority of clients who come to us feel that they are unable to cope at home as their garden is overgrown and paths have become slippery and dangerous. They cannot afford expensive commercial rates for gardening and lawn mowing and so, without this important service, these people are at risk of premature or unnecessary institutionalisation.
Our service helps them retain their independence and stay in their own home. Teams of volunteer gardeners ensure that our elderly and disabled clients are able to safely negotiate their paths to the front gate, letterbox and clothesline. Shrubs are pruned, gardens are weeded and made “easy care”. The house looks cared for again giving the resident a sense of pride, and there is less risk of vandalism or other criminal activity.
- Easy Care Gardening Inc provides a gardening service by teams of volunteers for frail older people living in their own homes in the Hornsby, Hunters Hill, Ku-ring-gai and Ryde local government areas.
- To become a client with Easy Care Gardening you need to register with My Aged Care on 1800 200 422, and ask to be referred to Easy Care Gardening.
- Once we have received your referral from My Aged Care we will send you a Waiting List Application Letter to fill in and return to us.
- After we have received your Application Letter we will contact you and explain the work that we do and the costs involved and process your application.
- If you have any questions please call the office on 9983 1644, Monday to Friday.