Easy Care Gardening Inc (ECG) provides a gardening service to older people and their carers within the Hornsby, Hunters Hill, Ku-ring-gai and Ryde areas by teams of willing volunteers.
An ECG Coordinator works with a team of volunteer gardeners to weed, mulch and prune the client’s garden, making the garden safer and easier for our clients to maintain. Our staff oversee the administration of garden visits, team schedules, communication and payments. Both staff and volunteers are covered by insurance and protected by our work, health and safety guidelines (WHS). Not all volunteers are gardening experts, but they are there to help make a difference to the lives of others…and we think that is priceless!
At present we have over 800 households that we visit.
For costs associated with the garden visits, please contact the office on:
(02) 9983 1644, Monday to Friday.
We really need more volunteers as the numbers of clients continue to grow.
- To support older people who are unable to maintain their own gardens to enable them to stay in their own homes longer by providing a gardening service.
- To assist in maintaining clients gardens as ‘easy care’.
- To recruit and train volunteers in the techniques used in providing the service.
- To maintain close liaison with other government and community service groups.