Easy Care Gardening Inc (ECG) provides a subsidised gardening service to older people and their carers within the Hornsby, Hunters Hill, Ku-ring-gai and Ryde areas by teams of willing volunteers.
Not all volunteers are gardening experts, and basic gardening includes weeding, pruning and mulching. Work, Health and Safety Guidelines (WHS) are followed by all staff and volunteers.
For costs associated with the garden visits, please contact the office on:
(02) 9983 1644, Monday to Friday.
At present we have over 800 households that we visit. However we really need more volunteers as numbers of clients continue to grow.
Staff oversee the administration of garden visits, team schedules, communication and payments. Our volunteers are covered by insurance and protected by our work, health and safety guidelines (WHS).
- To support older people who are unable to maintain their own gardens to enable them to stay in their own homes longer by providing a subsidised gardening and lawn mowing service.
- To assist in maintaining clients gardens as ‘easy care’.
- To recruit and train volunteers in the techniques used in providing the service.
- To maintain close liaison with other government and community service groups.