About Easy Care Gardening
This allows the clients to remain in their own homes as the service helps to maintain gardens to low maintenance, ensuring that the garden areas are safe and enjoyable.
Our organisation primarily relies on the volunteers who sign up to garden either 1 day a week or fortnight. Easy Care Gardening recruits and trains new volunteers and also provides ongoing training. Gardening is done Monday to Saturday. Work, Health & Safety guidelines are followed.
- To help frail, older people, people with disability and carers to stay in their own homes longer by providing a gardening and lawn mowing service.
- To assist in the conversion of gardens to low maintenance.
- To provide help to those in need, either directly through this service or by referral to other organisations.
- To recruit and train volunteers in the techniques used in providing the service.
- To work in close liaison with other community service organisations.
At present we have over 800 households that we visit. However we really need more volunteers as numbers of clients continue to grow.
Staff oversee the administration of garden visits, team schedules, communication and payments. Our volunteers are covered by insurance and protected by our Work, Health and Safety guidelines.
There is no need to be an expert, and volunteers only need to be active and motivated.
Easy Care Gardening Inc. is a non-profit charitable organisation funded by the Federal government Department of Health through the Commonwealth Home Support Program and from the NSW State government. Donations from Hornsby, Hunters Hill, Ku-ring-gai and Ryde Councils, as well as donations from community groups, businesses and private individuals also help fund our work.